HSI provides on-the-ground relief and collaborates with local and global organizations to help animals impacted by and (sometimes unavoidably) left behind in disasters. Remember: if you evacuate, take your animals if you possibly can. If it’s not safe for you, it’s not safe for them.
- The incidence and severity of natural disasters is increasing in many parts of the world, often impacting the most vulnerable populations.
- Friends of HSI provides support for global disaster services for animals affected by wildfires, hurricanes and other disasters.
- In many parts of the world, people are forced to leave their animals when evacuating, and the animals often succumb to starvation, dehydration, injury and disease.
- Support is needed in many areas to increase capacity and public and government awareness of the importance of including all animals in disaster planning, response and recovery.
- The need for services continues after the disaster to create long-term change that can avert or lessen the impact of future disasters.
Help rescue and protect animals!
Care and Rehabilitation Centre
Animals have been rescued from the dog meat trade, puppy mills and other situations of cruelty and neglect.
Get an update on how some of the dogs treated at our care and rehabilitation centre are doing today.