Summer Chickpea Salad
Photography By: François Murphy
While this chickpea salad is perfect for hot summer days, it’s delicious any time of the year! This recipe is packed full of plant-based protein and health-promoting fibre. It’s also a great recipe for meal prepping, because you can make large batches of it and add it to sandwiches or portioned containers as desired.
- 1 x 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 stalks of diced celery
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup of dill pickles, diced small
- 1/4 cup of diced red bell peppers
- 3 tbsp of egg-free mayonnaise
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard
- 2 tsp of fresh dill, minced with stems removed
- 2-3 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher until flaked in texture.
- Stir in celery, green onions, pickles, bell pepper, egg-free mayonnaise, and garlic until combined.
- Stir in the mustard and dill and season with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper adjusting the quantities to taste.