Photography By: Robert Cairns
Pasta lovers rejoice! This pumpkin alfredo puts a fall twist on pasta sauce. The best part? You can use this dairy-free alfredo sauce on any kind of pasta you like!
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6-9 cups cooked pasta of choice
- Over medium heat, in a large pan, sauté minced shallots in olive oil until they become translucent, which should take about 2 minutes.
- Add in minced garlic and sage. Sauté until fragrant, which usually takes about 2 minutes.
- Stir in arrowroot flour and pumpkin purée. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the mixture is heated through, approximately 5 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium and slowly pour in ¼ cup of almond milk at a time, stirring constantly.
- Next, stir in nutritional yeast and simmer for 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld and the sauce to thicken.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to your taste, and allow it to cool before blending.
- Once the sauce has cooled enough, blend it thoroughly to achieve the right consistency. If necessary, you can add additional almond milk to adjust the sauce to your desired thickness.
- Serve the sauce over your chef’s choice of pasta and enjoy!