Photography By: Makayla Dewit
Are you looking for a delicious and creative appetizer for your next gathering? Try this simple pear bruschetta, made with creamy almond ricotta and topped with fresh pears, basil and balsamic glaze. We promise that it’ll be a hit!
- 2 cups almonds, slivered or blanched
- 3 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 baguette slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 5 pears, large, diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Place all the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until thick and creamy.
- If necessary, add more water or almonds, 1 tbsp at a time, to achieve desired consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Place baguette slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over baguette slices and bake 350˚F until the bread is nicely toasted (approximately 10 minutes)
- Spread each baguette slice generously with almond ricotta then top with fruit. Add lemon juice to fruit to prevent browning.
- Garnish with basil and balsamic glaze.
Chef’s tip: If desired, substitute the pears for seasonal fruit, such as strawberries or apples.