Maple Roasted Parsnips and Pears
Photography By: Christine Hotz
Try this delicious and compassionate recipe for maple roasted parsnips and pears from Forward Food chef, Amy Symington. This is a perfect side dish for your holiday gatherings!
- 1 lb parsnips
- 4 large pears
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel parsnips and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- Trim and core the pears then cut them into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss the parsnips and pears with the oil, maple syrup and vinegar, then add spices and seasoning and toss again.
- Roast in the oven until golden brown, approximately 25 minutes.