Forward FoodJulia Kuziw, Chartwells Canada
Is your foodservice organization looking to be more sustainable? Do you want to add more plant-based options to your menu? Launched in Canada in 2017, Forward Food is a FREE program supported by Friends of Humane Society International that helps food service companies across the country succeed with their plant-based food goals. Our team of hospitality and sustainability professionals will help you put plants at the centre of the plate, improving sustainability, health, food costs and animal welfare. We work with campuses, hospitals, restaurants and more… If you have a food menu, we’re here to help!
Why work with Forward Food?
Plant-forward menus have a much lower impact on the planet and are part of a healthy diet.
Working with Forward Food has saved our partners up to 93% in food costs.
43% of Canadian consumers are actively trying to incorporate more plant-based foods into their diets.
Building a better food system, together
In 2020, we are urging institutions and businesses to sign onto the Forward Food pledge, to transition 20% of their current menu offerings to plant-based. This achievable and impactful goal demonstrates a strong commitment to better, more sustainable food. We are here to help foodservice professionals meet this target – every step of the way.
We offer the following services and resources FREE of charge:
- Culinary Experience: A hands-on culinary training experience for your foodservice professionals to learn how to make plant-based food that tastes amazing (in-person or remote).
- Recipe & Menu Development: Our team of experts will work with your menu development team to create custom plant-forward recipes for your menu (in-person or remote).
- Marketing & Promotion: We offer templates and assistance for developing marketing materials and strategies to showcase your plant-based options (remote).
- Environmental Impact Measurement: We can assess the greenhouse gas emissions impact of your menu, before and after any changes have been implemented (remote).
- Educational Materials & Workshops: We have a wide range of educational materials about the many benefits of plant-based eating and can host an informative session for you and your team (in-person or remote).
Are you ready to get more exciting plant-based options on your menu? Let us help you bring food forward! Contact Lucy Cullen, program coordinator, at email@example.com.
Download our FREE foodservice resources:
- Introduction to Forward Food
- Culinary Training Plant-Based Recipe Packet
- Canadian Plant-Based Recipe Packet 1
- Canadian Plant-Based Recipe Packet 2
- Plant-Based Toolkit for Restaurants
- Plant-Based Toolkit for Health-Care
- Plant-Based Toolkit for Higher Education
- Plant-Based Vendor List
- Sample Greenhouse Gas Assessment
Not in foodservice?
Please see this Guide to Plant-Based Meals for recipes, tips and more for individuals and families.
What industry professionals are saying about Forward Food:
“Forward Food allowed our chefs to learn about the growing demand for healthier, more sustainable and cost-effective menu items through plant-based culinary training. With the training our chefs received, we were able to introduce delicious options to our menus that helped increase our plant-based and vegetarian food options by 11%.”
– Fadi Zuriekat, Resident District Manager, Chartwells Sheridan College, Compass Group