Forward Food for Daily Living
Are you interested in eating more plant-based? Would you like help or inspiration to choose foods that are better for animal welfare, the environment and your health? Our Forward Food program offers a wealth of information for individuals and families who want to add more plant-based foods to their diets. Our expert team has created useful resources and tips to help individuals transition to eating more plant-based. Below, you will find delicious recipes, details about upcoming events, video cooking tutorials, and more!
Choosing to eat plant-based is an ethical decision against the unnecessary suffering of trillions of sentient creatures around the world.
According to the UN FAO, livestock are one of the most significant contributors to today’s most serious environmental problems.
Diets rich in fruits, vegetables, nuts, legumes, and other plant-based foods play a key role in preventing many debilitating and chronic illnesses.
Transitioning Toward Plant-Based Living
Our plant-based resources and delicious recipes are available to anyone interested, for free. We hope you will find this information useful and share it with friends, family, colleagues and anyone else interested in eating more plant-based.
- Webinar – The Future of Food: How and Why Businesses are Embracing Better Protein (November 30, 2021 at 2:00 pm ET)
- Interview – Chef Amy Symington Interviews Vegan Blogger and Cookbook Author Liv B. (November 2021)
- Interview – Chef Amy Symington Interviewed on “Chefs in the Field” hosted by Sysco’s Virtual Kitchen and the Culinary Federation (October 2021)
- Webinar – Plant-Based for the Planet: How Foodservice Professionals Can Improve Sustainability with Plant-Based Foods (September 2021)
- Recipe Demonstration – Cooking with Chef Amy: Matcha Mint Chocolate Chip Shake and Raw Pad Thai Salad (August 2021)
- Interview – Chef Amy Symington Interviews Best-selling Cookbook Author Lauren Toyota (July 2021)
- Webinar – The Business Case for Plant-Based: How Food Companies Can Profit from the Plant-Based Revolution (June 2021)
- Recipe Demonstration – Cooking with Chef Amy: Waldorf Salad with Pistachios and Fresh Strawberries (May 2021)
- Webinar – Healthy Bodies and Healthy Business: How to Pivot After the Pandemic with Plant-Based Foods (April 2021)
Have a question about our events or resources? Contact us at email@example.com.
Download our FREE plant-based resources:
- FEATURE RECIPE: Dairy-Free Queso
- Seasonal Plant-Based Recipe Packet 1
- Seasonal Plant-Based Recipe Packet 2
- Guide to Plant-Based Meals
- Planning a Successful Plant-Based Transition
- Forward Food Ambassador Toolkit
Other plant-based resources on the web
Plant-based restaurant directories – Canada and International:
- HappyCow’s World Map for restaurants and businesses
- HappyCow’s Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurants in Canada (by province/territory)
Plant-based restaurant directories – Regional and Municipal:
- Charlottetown: Veg PEI’s Restaurant Directory (coming soon)
- GTA: Toronto Vegetarian Association’s Vegan Directory
- Halifax: living vegan’s essential guide to vegan Halifax
- Montréal: Mtl veg Restaurants Directory
- Ottawa: VegOttawa’s Vegan & Vegetarian Business Directory
- Vancouver: Earthsave Canada’s Veg Directory
Work in foodservice?
Visit our Forward Food webpage for foodservice professionals.
What people are saying about Forward Food:
“Congratulations to the organizing team! This was my first time attending the Forward Food Leadership Summit, and I’m so glad I registered. The sessions were thought provoking, and the conversations were full of great information and insight. The speakers that presented were all fantastic, some sessions could have continued even longer they were so well done.”
– Diana Aldaz, Events & Sustainability Outreach Coordinator, University of Toronto Mississauga
“After attending the Forward Food presentation I felt empowered to make changes that incorporate more plant-based meals into my current diet. I feel inspired knowing that there are many benefits to switching towards more plant-based recipes. Some of these include protecting the environmental sustainability of ecosystems, [improving] human health (lowering risks of certain diseases plus boosts immune system), and even cost savings! The presentation was engaging and fun and we even had the chance to watch Chef Amy make a recipe from start to finish! It was the perfect way to kick off our program’s annual Sustainability Week!”
– Borys Brodziuk, Sustainability Management Graduate Student, University of Toronto Mississauga
“The presentation was extremely informative and motivating; making visible practical ways that individuals can contribute to both their own well-being and the well-being of our planet. Thank-you.”
– Dr. Joan Boyce, Kwantlen Polytechnic University